November 30, 2010
We are working on getting into the Christmas spirit. Not so much working, as watching movies, Christmas and holiday movies. Here are my top ten picks for Christmas movies:
1. Elf - this movie cracks me up. I love Will Ferrell, and he is the perfect human Elf. Too cute. (Available from Netflix.)
2. The Year without a Santa Claus Oldie, but goodie - it reminds me of my childhood.
3. A Charlie Brown Christmas Can't you just hear the Peanuts gang singing Christmas carols? This is a movie that has to be watched (at least once a year, sometimes many more than once at our house.) Anything with Charlie Brown in the title has to be good!
4. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Isn't Rudolph great? Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose... Great movie, and you have to sing-along, right?? We do!
5. The Santa Clause - I love Tim Allen. He makes me happy. He's the perfect Santa Claus.
6. The Polar Express - Another great Christmas movie that we can't miss. I think I'm ready to add this one to our DVD library this year. It's such a great movie.
7. Dr. Seuss How the Grinch Stole Christmas - this is the classic original one without Jim Carrey. I like Jim Carrey, but I like this version of the Grinch better - maybe it reminds me of my childhood? Who knows??
8. The Santa Clause 2 - Still love Tim Allen :) My kids said that all the Santa Clause movies have to be on our list.
9. The Santa Clause 3
10. Miracle on 34th Street - Classic Christmas movie, right? "I believe... I believe... It's silly, but I believe. " Oldie and a goodie!
What are your favorite holiday movies? Is there something else I should add to this list? Don't be shy, let me know. We don't want to miss out!
Be sure to check out other Top Ten Tuesday lists at Oh Amanda.
November 19, 2010
1. What Christmas song do you loathe?
I can't think of any Christmas songs that I loathe. Maybe the Chipmunks one - only because those Chipmunk voices are a bit annoying...
2. Do you and your significant other cuddle at night or sleep on opposite sides of the bed?
No cuddling here - not that I don't love him. I just like to have my space at night. Plus there are the two cats and one kitten that tend to sleep between us, especially in the winter.
3. Have you ever had surgery?
Yes, oral surgery and LASIK surgery. That's it though.
4. When do you typically have your holiday shopping done?
I like to have it completed by December 1st or so, it helps me to relax and actually enjoy the holidays.
5. If money were not an issue (and you HAD to pick something), what would your ultimate luxury item be?
I'd probably buy a Cadillac Escalade, it would be great to drive around in large comfort. Maybe a beautiful diamond necklace would be nice too - just for me!
Look at what other people have to say at Five Question Friday - it's fun!