June 16, 2011

Book Review: The Relaxed Home School

Over the summer, I try to read as much as I can - fun books, educational books, self-help books, biographies, miscellaneous non-fiction.  If it's a book, I'll read it!  One book I just picked up at the library was The Relaxed Home School:  A Family Production by Mary Hood. 

I really enjoyed this book.  It was a really quick and easy read (always a plus for busy moms, right?)  It was also full of great practical tips for not stressing over homeschooling.  It definitely has an unschooling tilt, but with useful tips for any homeschooler, in my opinion.  My favorite section was the chapter on homeschooling for high school, and ways to keep a simple log that can help significantly with future high school transcripts. 

What books do you recommend for homeschooling or homeschooling high school?  I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Autismland Penny said...

Thanks for the review! I could use a book about relaxing during homeschooling!