January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

2010 is over, and 2011 is here!  Hard to believe.  I don't know about you, but last year flew by for us.

So, a new year with new challenges, new fun and just new!

I've been organizing and re-organizing and organizing some more, especially working on our homeschooling areas.  When I originally started homeschooling (just two years ago -wow!), my plan was just to fit the home school into my existing formal living room and dining room.  What I've found (finally!) is that that plan was not working out for me, too much visual stimulation, too much stuff in too little of a space.  So, I'm on a mission.  The mission is, deformalize the room, make it more kid friendly.  Reorganize the stuff (how can one home school family have SO MUCH stuff??)  Simplify.  Make it more accessible.  Purge, pack, something.

Any great organizers out there?  I need help! 

Here are my issues:  

1.  I love much of our curriculum, craft kits, puzzles, manipulatives - and have children from age 7 to 13.  That's a wide range of interest and ability, right?  How do I simplify?
2.  Limited space - lots of stuff.  Need more storage, especially cheap and nice-looking. :)

Let me know what you'd do, and if you live near Cincinnati - wanna come help me??

No comments: