March 21, 2011

Decluttering

We've been busy decluttering, and organizing, and more decluttering.  My sister-in-law sent over a computer desk / armoire that she was replacing - it's awesome!  It's so nice to be able to close up the computer (and associated desk mess) with a door.  It's the simple things in life that make us happy, right?

She also sent over a huge bookshelf, that I quickly moved to the school room / living  room/ dining room - it's perfect.  I moved a bunch (really, truly a bunch) of books, pottery and miscellaneous items right into the bookshelf - it's making me actually love that room again.  Thank goodness!  So nice to see the floor and not piles of stuff. 

We still have more to declutter - and pass along, but for this week, I think we've made great progress.  I even listed a few curriculum items that I know I won't use.  Feels good to let them go.  Big relief.


What are you up to this week - any organizing or spring cleaning projects?  Please share!

1 comment:

Jen said...

It's me again, commenting on old blog posts because (again) I just found you. Not to whore out my blog (because it's not monetized so who cares?), but we've been on a major uncluttering and simplifying kick this year and I've been chronicling it. IDK that I necessarily have any tips or advice that might help other people, but I know I love reading about other people's uncluttering adventures, so if you do too...feel free to peruse my hot mess of a blog. Most of that kind of stuff is under the "Simple Livin'" section. :)