March 26, 2011

Midwest Homeschool Convention

I'm so excited that in less than a week, I'll be attending classes at the Midwest Homeschool Convention here in Cincinnati!  I love, love, love convention.  I've been every year since we started homeschooling, and I find it to be a great way to get re-energized about homeschooling. 

This year there are some fantastic speakers that I haven't heard speak before - but have read about extensively online - Ed Zaccaro (math) and Michael Clay Thompson (language arts).  I have several talks marked that those two are presenting (individually, of course).

I also would love to go hear someone talk about high school credits, etc.  There are so many choices, it's hard to narrow it down.  My mom attends with me, so we can divide and conquer - and hear two speakers live at the same time.  Yeah! 

The other part that I love about convention is the vendor hall - I want to touch, feel, page-through items before I buy, and at convention - I can do just that.  I have a few things that I'm interested in looking at for next year (mainly writing curriculums - and maybe some other math items - although I still am loving Math-U-See for my younger kids).

Are you attending a local convention?  Will you be in Cincinnati?  If so, let me know, maybe we can meet!

No comments: